[solved] Compatibility issue on "upgrading" to J3

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #27742 by silke
Hi,

First of all: Thank you very much for re-launching the vm2wishlist component for J3. I had been looking forward to it and I really like the new features!!

I works really great on a blank / fresh J3 setup.

I upgraded my Joomla installation (previously uninstalled the old vm2wishlists component) and installed the fresh vm2wishlists package for J3. The installation and configuration at the backend were smooth, but I experienced an issue on the frontend (mod_vm2wishlists_mylists):
Code:
1054 Unknown column 'icon_class' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT id, list_name, list_description, icon_class FROM #_vm2wishlists_lists WHERE state='1' ORDER BY ordering ASC

I found out that the table structure of #_vm2wishlists_lists is not (yet) migrated to the new requirements (I had a remainder wishlist on the upgraded instance, maybe that is a part of the reason).

I am going to manually adjust the table structure to the one from the fresh J3 setup.

Dear Nordmograph, please consider to fix this issue in the installation routine of the component.

Thanks a lot ahead of time,
Silke
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #27743 by nordmograph
Yes, sorry for this. If you provide me access to your phpmyadmin I will update the database vm2wishlists tables for you.
icon_class is not the only change. Some other columns were added others dropped.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: silke

More
9 years 1 month ago #27744 by silke
Dear Nordmograph,

that reply was fast. Great.
I meanwhile fixed the table (and #_vm2wishlists_items as well), so I am rid of that error already.

Apparently I have a second issue right now but no error message to give me a clue:
- component itself installed smoothly
- list administration works good in the backend (thought it should have complained about the structure problems).
- mod_vm2wishlists_mylists issue resolved by table structure update

(2) I went on to install the VM content plugin (plg_content_vm2wishlists), but could not continue:
The installer just does not stop showing the wait screen and I have no errors on log. - What could be the reason?

Thanks a lot ahead of time,
Silke

More
9 years 1 month ago #27745 by silke
Hi,

it turned out to be an installation sequence error:

- uninstalled the module mod_vm2wishlists_mylists
- installed plg_content_vm2wishlists with no problems
- reinstalled mod_vm2wishlists_mylists

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Silke

More
9 years 1 month ago #27746 by nordmograph
I doubt it upgraded the tables.
Compare
administrator/components/com_vm2wishlists/sql/install.mysql.utf8.sql tables with the ones in your database.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 1 month ago #27747 by silke
Hi,

my manual table fix did it already. I could PM you the update commands.
(That installation sequence thing was a second issue and should have gone to a separate thread for clarity, sorry.)

Thanks again. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nordmograph

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds