Buttons not displaying

More
8 years 7 months ago #29988 by egsphillip
Hi nordmograph team,

I installed the VM2Wishlists modules and plugins but buttons are not displaying as on the demo site. Please help advise, PM for more details.

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29991 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Buttons not displaying
Hi,

There are 2 ways to display the buttons on the product page.
Easiest way is to use the content plugin you probably installed allready but,
Don't forget to enable plugins from VIrtuemart Configuration page.
It has an option for VM to load joomla plugins on product page. Do not forget that important step :)

Hope it helps. Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29996 by egsphillip
Replied by egsphillip on topic Buttons not displaying
I enabled Joomla plugin under Virtuemart configuration but the 'add to list(s)' is being displayed inside description as text, see attached image. I want it to be a button just below the 'add to cart' button. Please help advise.
Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #29997 by nordmograph
Hi

Issue 1: button
These are links and they use the Joomla Bootstrap class to display as button.
Obviously Bootstrap is not included in your current Joomla template.
a solution would be to add
JFactory::getDocument()->addStyleSheet( JURI::base().'media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css');
to the plugin or to your template

Issue 2: location
VM2Wishlists comes with 2 plugins you have to chooses in between
Both have the same feature,

plg_content_vm2wishlitsts
(the one you enabled)
It shows automatically on every products, but as every content plugin, it is loded within the Product Description
It can be moved sing jQuery though to a location below to the Addtocart button. It has a setting for this.

plg_vmcustom_vm2wishlist
It requires to be installed via the installer and then, admin must create a VM custom field of this type.
Then this vmcustom field (Lists buttons) must be added manually to every products.
Pros: it can also show list buttons on category pages
Cons: It needs to be added manually as a custom field to everu products

Hope it helps. Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: egsphillip

More
8 years 7 months ago #30018 by egsphillip
Replied by egsphillip on topic Buttons not displaying
That was so helpful. Another challenge, I installed the module but when I click on the link it brings a blank white screen, website link below on left side bar.

www.angiesbabyshop.com/

More
8 years 7 months ago #30022 by nordmograph
It's a private page.
This could happen if you don't set a VM2tags menu Itemid in the settings
at
administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_vm2tags

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds