Error when go to list 0 - Call to a member function get() on null

More
4 years 2 months ago #44246 by nordmograph
It seems other customers don't have any sef issue with the extension, for instance:
www.babelscores.com/fr/catalogs/instrumental/a-bruno-maderna

Are you sure you run the latest version? Please Check.
If so, can you check your php error log and find the complete error message with file name and line number. It seems to be related to exisiting menu items to some lists.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #44335 by lumis
Hi,

I have the same error message when I don't have an active menu item for the component AND when I have the Joomla default SEF enabled on the website. Turning on debugging gives a full list of the errors, and i have pasted it below.

If I enable the menu link for the component, then I do not see the "Call to a member function get() on null" error. However the wishlist does not function correctly. I can click to view a wishlist, and instead of seeing the contents of the wishlist, I only see the list of my wishlists - xxxxx.com/wishlists/lists (wishlists is the menu item alias).
Clicking on any of these wishlists to view them just sends me back to the same page, even though the URL link is xxxxxx.com/wishlists/list/1-name-of-wishlist it just reloads the main list of wishlists.
Clicking on edit the wishlist just opens a "create new wishlist" page.

I also see an error in DEBUG mode which displays above products list on browse category pages (only visible when using SEF):
Warning: Division by zero in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/plugins/vmcustom/vm2wishlists/vm2wishlists.php on line 112 (displays above products list on browse category pages - only visible when using SEF)

Please let me know if I can provide you with super admin access or a link - thanks for your help,
Aaron

Error when using Joonla default SEF option AND when no menu item exists.
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/components/com_vm2wishlists/models/list.php:247
2 Vm2wishlistsModelList->getProducts() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:425
3 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->get() JROOT/components/com_vm2wishlists/views/list/view.html.php:79
4 Vm2wishlistsViewList->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
5 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/components/com_vm2wishlists/controller.php:26
6 Vm2wishlistsController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
7 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/components/com_vm2wishlists/vm2wishlists.php:17
8 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
9 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
10 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
11 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
12 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
13 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/index.php:49

More
4 years 1 month ago #44341 by lumis
I am working from home and like most of my country (Australia) we are trying to self isolate. I know France has been hit hard with the Covid-19 so I hope you are keeping safe.

I just wanted to say that the wishlist is installed on a test copy of the live site so this isn't affecting the customers live website, and this isn't the most important thing going on in this mad world today. We can wait until you get a chance to look at this as I am sure you have other things to worry about at the moment.

Stay safe! And let us know if you get time to look at this, and I will give you access to the test site :)

Regards,
Aaron

More
3 years 9 months ago #44739 by spike1968
Hi,

Just thought you would like to know that this happens on the email sent when adding the first item to your wishlist.

When the link is clicked in the email you get

"0 Call to a member function get() on null"

I have sef enabled on virtuemart, that is the only sef plugin/component I use>

I have wishlists set to appear only for logged in customers but even when the customer is logged in the link does not work.

Just to clarify this is the email link only.
Example of link displayed... I have replaced my customers username with "username" but you get the idea.

/component/vm2wishlists/list/-/username.html

Hope this helps.

I have disabled email notifications for the time being.

Thanks

More
3 years 9 months ago #44740 by nordmograph
Hello, I'm currently working on some fixes for these I uploaded v3.1.4 of the component so you an try and let me know how it goes.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds