Event Avatar in jomsocial

More
6 years 10 months ago #38181 by andybott
Hi - Event avatars are no longer editable in Jomsocial - as far as I can tell they have been depreciated - so all events showing in the info pane on the map contain the default event avatar (the microphone image) whilst I know I can change this in the Jomsocial black end to a different image, it would be really nice to change the info pane to show the avatar of the user who created the event (which links to their profile perhaps) or providing a switch to disable the Event avatar image. I don't really want to overwrite this in the code because it might be useful to others to have it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40466 by andybott
Replied by andybott on topic Event Avatar in jomsocial
Please can you comment on this - have waited some time ?
Hoped that there would be a change in the new update but this is still bugging me...

More
6 years 3 months ago #40468 by nordmograph
Sorry I missed your previous message. I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that Jomsocial events can't have their avatars edited?
I don't want to show the user avatar instead because it would provide some confusion with the users' info windows.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40470 by andybott
The event has a cover image which loads nicely in the info window when clicking on a marker, but it also shows an Avatar image which is the little png of the microphone. There is no way for users to change this "event avatar" - users can only edit the event cover image now. so every event will have the microphone in the avatar image position when viewing the tab for an event.

More
6 years 3 months ago #40471 by andybott
I have also noticed that when there is more than one event in a cluster they open nicely in a list in the popup window... but when there is also a user in the cluster (so event and user in the same cluster) when you click the cluster there is no popup window. the marker just disappears. In this instance if I "filter" out the users so the cluster is just events the pop up works, and if I "filter" out the events the user pop up works, when event and users cluster together I get no popup....

More
6 years 3 months ago #40472 by andybott
If you would prefer for it not to be the avatar of the event creator (which to me sort of makes sense) then I would prefer to have no avatar for events at all, just the cover image.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds