Error during registration

More
5 years 9 months ago #41681 by nordmograph
Can you make sure this doesn't happen too if the plugin is disabled.
I just reviewed the code again, there should not be any duplicate entry caused by the plugin, because it is checking the entry before adding it.

If you confirm it is indeed not happening when the plugin is disabled, can you try again to test with no friend user ID, or with 2 comma separated IDs.

Also can you check the #__social_friends table and confirm you find the duplicate with the mention ID

Let me know your findings.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #41682 by assocyate
Replied by assocyate on topic Error during registration
100% this error happens only with the plugin enabled.
I tested with no friend userid and it works without any error. However, It will produce the error with 2 separated IDs too.
There are no duplicates in #__social_friends table. In fact before any further tests I cleaned up this table.
I noticed that on every registration while the error happens, the friends are added in this table correctly.

More
5 years 9 months ago #41689 by nordmograph
I just tested again on our demo site, (temporarily enabling registration again, just in case you want to try www.nordmograph.com/workshop ) and the plugin is working as expected without reporting any duplicate issue.

What I'm now thinking is that, our plugin uses the ES method: $esUser->isFriends
to check if the new user is already a friend
If ever this method is not supported by your older ES version, it might try to add user several times.

Anyway, I added some more checks in the plugin, just in case, install version 1.3.5, but if it doesn't help, I would recommend to use ES 2+

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 9 months ago #41693 by assocyate
Unfortunately, still the same problem. Am I out of luck? Unfortunately, at this point of time I cannot migrate to the latest ES. Didn't you have a working version of your plugin for 1.1.x in the past?

More
5 years 9 months ago #41707 by assocyate
How about a custom script to keep friends with with selected users? Then I would not need to make friends during registration. Would you please provide me a quote for implementation of that?

More
5 years 9 months ago #41708 by nordmograph
Sorry, I don't have an older version compatible with older ES.
I don't understand the point of your latest request. Can you precise?

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds