Mention if you're using this component with CB, EasySocial or Jomsocial

Thousands of members with my same address?

More
8 years 7 months ago #29825 by carlatf
Hi,
I click on Search tools, 1km and all the users appear to be in my same address!

"Results 1 - 300 de 3272"
and the first thousands appear to be at 0.1km of me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29826 by nordmograph
Hi Carla, this could happen , if your users have no locations set
Are you using Jomsocial, Community Builder, EasySocial ?
How are users located ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29828 by carlatf
I'm using Jomsocial.

I don'tknow how users are located, I supposed you knew...

More
8 years 7 months ago #29844 by carlatf
I guess is JS standard location system,

Whivh tables do you use to locate them?

More
8 years 7 months ago #29845 by nordmograph
This is why I asked.
Jomsocial has a way to geolocate users from their user addressfields.
IN JS configuration, under the 'Integrations' tab, you can set the addressfields to be used for JS to geolocate.
Results are stored as latitude and longitude coordinates and stored in the #__community_users table.
If no result is found JS leaves these latitude and longitude fields to their defaults value (255)

DD requires this to be set to sort your thousand users by proximity.

You can use an alternative way to get users coordinates if you don't want to use address fields, using our Geommunity3JS suite (users map + geolocation feature). With this solution users can point their current location , clicking on a map where they want to be located.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 7 months ago #29854 by carlatf
Does geommunity support automatic geolocation of the users? (without having them to enter the address?, a thing that nobody does)

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds