Share4 Points is an extension to reward users with points for effective shares. www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...egory_id=8&Itemid=58

Problems in Update, Points Amount & Popup Text

More
7 years 8 months ago #34536 by nordmograph

ListOrSwap.com wrote: You got it working?

A new version is available?

Thanks Adrien

Yes , tested working, with various points amounts.
After updating, both component and module, save your components settings once (as before)
Demo of the latest version at www.nordmograph.com/workshop

For your opengraph issue with image, again, nothing has changed in the extension so check your opengraph plugins.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #34538 by nordmograph
Also note I updated the module code to update the way the FB share counter got the shares count due to a recent change in the FB javascript API.
Make sure module version is 1.0.5

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by nordmograph.

More
7 years 8 months ago #34553 by ListOrSwap.com
I will download the latest version and test it.

I did not change anything in my open graph, I even tested this by installing the previous version and it worked fine. So we will see with this new(est) version if it is fixed. Before it didn't really matter, like I said it just pulled the image.. but now the fourth.. That makes no sense at all. I don't and would never make the fourth picture on the home page.. Do you know what I mean? That would be ridiculous.

Yea know what I mean?

More
7 years 8 months ago #34554 by ListOrSwap.com
Ok, I will download and install the New(est) Component and Module.

Thank you, Adrien.

More
7 years 8 months ago #34555 by ListOrSwap.com
Oh.. Adrien. You directed me to the Demo.. and yet the Demo.. isn't working..
Literally, it's not working.

So that needs to be fixed and the images that get used/pulled for the Facebook Share.
You said "For your opengraph issue with image, again, nothing has changed in the extension so check your opengraph plugins."

I tested with the old version, again it worked like before pulling the first image on the page and not the fourth.

(Demo Version Doesn't work in case you were confused on that :) )

Thanks Adrien...

More
7 years 8 months ago #34569 by nordmograph
Hello

I guess there is some misunderstanding.
The SHare4 aps only uses the existing OpenGraph tags from pages meta where the module is set.
For instance, It gets the og:image like this:

$og_image = $doc->getMetaData( "og:image" );

Share for is not responsible for adding og tags to your pages. It only transmists the existing ones to Facebook when sharing.

If you page has none, Facebook will use what it founds on the page.

For now brandyourbody.com, has no og tags for your page content

If you keep having the same results after enabling your og tags, it is because FB caches urls content
You can empty that FB cache for a give URL by visiting

developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
Input the url, click debug and then ,
Fetch new scrape information

Btw I installed latest version of the extension on your site.(module + component )

I saw your system plugin: System - Global Open Graph
was disabled, you may need to re enable it.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds