OpenStreetMap plugin doesn't work properly

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #42623 by iorbita
Hello,
honestly I have trouble understanding how your plug-in works ... I spent a lot of time trying to understand how it works without success.

In plugin description you say that it is possible to:
Set locations clicking on a map and/or dragging markers or using an autocomplete address search.

Ok, It’s possible to search an address, but that's the only thing I can do. How to memorize it? The coordinates are not saved.

Also, I try to understand how "Info window Source" field works, the three options available in dropdown menu doesn’t really help me to easily register an address, the coordinates are not updated and the marker disappear…

I was expecting to enter an address in the search field and the rest of the job will done automatically (marker at the right place, choose the map magnification …), but apparently none of that is possible easily with your plugin.

I also noticed that:
the dimensions of the map in Field Form Settings doesn't work, I’ve always the same dimension (width 100%)
the button to “Reload map” doesn’t work
the button to “Locate me” doesn’t work
the button to “Delete marker” works, but disappears when you click it on first time…

..so it’s pretty bad for a first approach and without any documentation it makes the task even more frustrating.

Thank you for giving me more explanation on your plugin,

Lorenzo
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #42625 by nordmograph
Hello Lorenzo,

Are these issues rising in the front end or in the backend ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #42626 by iorbita
Hello,
all I have reported in my first message is verified in the back-end.
In front-end nothing is displayed :dry:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by iorbita.

More
5 years 5 months ago #42627 by nordmograph
OK, do you have any error message showing in the browser console?
please report
Have you set the google maps API correctly? Feel free to post screenshots of your plugin+ field settings.

Also I recommend you try it for Articles or Contact. Custom fields are still having issues on the user side.

Also let me know if you want me to have a look at your setings logging in your backend.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #42628 by iorbita

nordmograph wrote: Have you set the google maps API correctly?

Why are you referring to Google API if we are dealing with OpenStreet maps ??
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by iorbita.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
5 years 5 months ago #42629 by nordmograph
Haha right, my bad. We also have a gmaps plugin and I mixed...
What about the errors you have showing in the browser console?

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds