SOLVED - Location changes upon profile edit

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #13556 by norfolkandway
Hi

When a user updates their profile CB 'Update your profile'
Upon saving the profile, the map location reverts to the 'Guess/locate me' position not the location last placed by the user

Any ideas please
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by norfolkandway. Reason: marked as solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13561 by nordmograph
Hello

This is not how it should work. See on this site.
Guess feature requires a click on the guess button.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13567 by norfolkandway
That is my point and the problem

guess feature is happening when user updates their profile.

Wherever they had placed their location with update location is changed when profile edit is saved+

More
11 years 6 months ago #13570 by nordmograph
hmm... Are you using the Geocoder plugin?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13573 by norfolkandway
I have just tried the same on this nordmgraph site and the same problem happens

I updated my location
Then I updated my profile and my location had changed to where the browser set it (same as guess)

More
11 years 6 months ago #13574 by nordmograph
Oh I see , sorry for the misunderstanding.
Can you reply my previous question?

On Nordmograph , what happens is that the Geommunity geocoder (not geommunity locator) is set to geocode profiles on "every profile updates" this is not related to Guess feature, but Geocoding user from set postal address.

Is this your case too?

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds