[solved] Videoprovider soundcloud for jomsocial

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8642 by
I just bought the videoprovider. I am on joomla 1.5.25 and jomsocial 2.4.1 but could not make it work. I have copied/overwritten the 3 files as explained. "Soundcloud" as an option to link to is displayed, the input form appears but nothing happens, no video, no sound, nada. What am I doing wrong?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8643 by nordmograph
You should restore your original files.
Depending on you Jomsocial version, only very few code should be added.
read the readme and only modify original files instead of replacing whole file.

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #8644 by
Couldn't make it work. When I had overwritten the 3 files I got at least an entry (s. attachment) but the video won'tplay. videos.php and videos.add.php have changed in structure as far as I can see (also attached). When using the 2.4 videos.add.php and videos.php with that line 92 insert nothing happens. Too tricky for me.
Attachments:

More
12 years 4 months ago #8645 by nordmograph
I'll email you my files for JS2.4.1

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #8654 by
All fine now. Many thanks.

Wasn't your fault at all. It is the jomsocial ArtIO SEF plugin which causes trouble. One has to switch to "joomla default router" and the thing works.

Never forget the SEF and cache when talking joomla...

Only thing missing is the picture - I have a black square there. Is it possible to use the pic from soundcloud?

Cheers

Arne

More
12 years 4 months ago #8676 by nordmograph
Picture issue has been addressed, you can redownload the new archive for JS 2.4.1
or open the soundcloud.php file , look for the getThumbnail function and make the pattern like:
Code:
$pattern = '/<meta(?=[^>]*property="og:image")\s[^>]*content="([^>]*)"/si';

Let me know

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds