How to avoid uppercase/spaces in tag related urls?

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #29479 by nordmograph
Hi
Yes I was allready investigating your concernes from your deleted posts.

The RSS issue is due to a router.php file missing setting. I can't reproduce it here but I understand why it happens on your server can you try replacing your router.php content with this (Working here, but My sef url has a different structure than yours) :
components/com_vm2tags/router.php
Code:
<?php /** * @version 1.0.0 * @package com_vm2tags * @copyright Copyright (C) Nordmograph 2015. All rights reserved. * @license GNU General Public License version 3; see LICENSE.txt * @author Adrien Roussel <contact@nordmograph.com> - https://www.nordmograph.com/extensions */ // No direct access defined('_JEXEC') or die; /** * @param array A named array * @return array */ function Vm2tagsBuildRoute(&$query) { $cparams = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_vm2tags'); $sef_view = $cparams->get('sef_view','productslist'); $sef_view = JFilterOutput::stringURLSafe( JText::_($sef_view)); $segments = array(); if(isset($query['view'])) { if(empty($query['Itemid'])) { //if(isset($query['Itemid'])) { $segments[] = $query['Itemid']; } if($query['view'] == 'productslist' ) { $segments[] = $sef_view; } unset($query['view']); } if(isset($query['tag'])) { $segments[] = $query['tag']; unset($query['tag']); } if(isset($query['format'])) { $segments[] = $query['format']; unset($query['format']); } return $segments; } /** * @param array A named array * @param array * * Formats: * * index.php?/vm2tags/task/id/Itemid * * index.php?/vm2tags/id/Itemid */ function Vm2tagsParseRoute($segments) { $cparams = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_vm2tags'); $sef_view = $cparams->get('sef_view','productslist'); $sef_view = JFilterOutput::stringURLSafe( JText::_($sef_view)); $vars = array(); // view is always the first element of the array $count = count($segments); if ($count) { if($segments[0] == $sef_view) { $vars['view'] = 'productslist'; $vars['tag'] = str_replace(':','-', $segments[1]); if($segments[2]) $vars['format'] = 'feed' ; } } return $vars; }

For the Uppercase in the result page tag, I'm affraid it's lost during conversion in the url.
But bith tags with lower and uppercase show in the results.

For the per page paging, I remember it gets the results from the main config list length parameter.
Would you prefer a separate setting ?

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29480 by mmcedizioni
The new php router does not solve my error: I can't revert to non sef url the live site, but I could (later today) test it on my local dev version, and check what's going wrong.

For the result number config option, is not very important, but having long tags list per product brings to long results pages if your general setting is high, from this point of view I vote for a separate setting.

BTW, I have tested the "show price option", it works but in my case there is a discounted price in many items, and it's not showing: what about the possibilty of also including it? In the same way VM does it: basic price crossed if discounted price exists, and below the discounted one.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29481 by nordmograph
Ok, you'll have that separate setting.

For the feed SEF url error
it works for me localy and on my test server at
www.nordmograph.com/workshop/tags/items/...ez--vous?format=feed

Do you have a 3rd party SEF extension, or can you share your SEO SEF settings ? So I cna reproduce the issue here and fix it. Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29482 by mmcedizioni
I have sligthy modified the original vm3 router, to get the SEF url not including the VM sef extra field: this was made to get a better reading url, and mainly to maintain the older Google rank without having the needing of redirecting each new url. I presume this is the reason, sorry for having not mentioned it before, but I realized it right now.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29483 by nordmograph
No problem, I doubt this is related.
What are your SEF settings from global configuration ?

More
8 years 8 months ago #29484 by mmcedizioni
All set on, except the 4th UNICODE option that is off

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds