Share4 Points is an extension to reward users with points for effective shares. www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...egory_id=8&Itemid=58

[fixed] No Popup, No Message, No Points.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #34351 by nordmograph
It could also be that https (SSL) is required.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #34357 by ListOrSwap.com
When I purchased the component, SSL wasn't listed as a requirement.

Wouldn't it be throwing an error if SSL was the problem?
There still isn't a single system message populating, no thank you for sharing, no you're not logged in, etc

I would assume an easy way to test your SSL Security theory would be for you to disable SSL on the demo?
I can backup and give you administrator access if you would like, I figured you would have asked days ago.

Anyway,
I would like to get this working, please.

and I am sorry to bug you on your VaCa

Kyle with a smile.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ListOrSwap.com.

More
7 years 8 months ago #34359 by nordmograph
SSL is a requirement for all Facebook applications.
Know that Share4 is a rather new extension.
All the customoer sites where I installed it had SSL and one had the same issue as yours.
It was solved as being an incorect appid/secret issue related to an app with incorect domain/subdomain settings.

I suggest you rebuild your app, or renew appid and secret. If it doesn't help enable SSL on your site.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #34360 by ListOrSwap.com
I have had no problem with Facebook's App's working with out a SSL Certificate.

With the Facebook 'Approved' items; Email, Public_Profile, & User_Friends SSL isn't a requirement. The other integrations requiring approval that need to be reviewed by Facebook before they can be used can need an SSL.

Again I haven't had any problems before.

Can you please make absolutely sure before I purchase an SSL Certificate that, I do indeed need one?

Again, there is no requirement to have an SSL Certificate needed for the Share4 Points before purchasing.
If it IS a requirement after you have tested SSL/NONE then you should add that to your product description. :)

So let me know when you have tested the component/extension on a domain WithOut SSL.
Cause it needs to be listed as a requirement, if it is one. (it's almost JED Review time!)

Thank you :)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ListOrSwap.com.

More
7 years 8 months ago #34365 by nordmograph
Ok then , double check your Facebook App ID and Secret,
Another user had the same problem as your and has been able to solve this.
I could provide you with the conversation, but I just read the email and there was no clue on how he solved it except than changing the Appid.
So please double check your settings, approved domains etc..., rebew appid and secret etc...

More
7 years 8 months ago #34367 by ListOrSwap.com
I already checked and renewed by secret.

Did/does the customer with similar problem have SSL?

I was up till 2am checking, double checking.

So let me know when you have tested SSL.

I contacted Facebook support and they told me SSL isn't required.

Thank you Adrien.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds