Does plugin work with registered and guests for Hikashop?

More
5 years 9 months ago #42011 by kazzacox01
I have ran through all of the added plugins on my Joomla site and unpublished them all and I am still receiving duplicate emails. The duplicated seems to vary too. I had 5 duplicates last week, 12 duplicates today but I have just tested again and I have just received 8 duplicates.

Something is making it fluctuate the amount duplicated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #42012 by kazzacox01
Hello have come across something. If I produce a order in the backend of Hikashop it sends only 1 email to the customer. Yay!!!

Would the fact using a payment gateway be causing a problem? Thats why it produces multiple emails, we use Sagepay and Paypal on the site?

More
5 years 9 months ago #42015 by kazzacox01
Hello does any of the above help at all. Is going through to the payment gateway the issue and why its multiplying the emails. If you need more access to resolve this I don't mind giving you admin access.

Thanks

More
5 years 9 months ago #42045 by nordmograph
When you visit the cronjob URL manually (after having removed the revives from the component backend), do you see the duplicates there or do you see only one message per order?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #43615 by Lumiga
Hi, I have the same issue here.

The plugin sent 12 emails in my case. But in my case the test customer has 2 x 5 addresses as you can see in the screenshot 437

So it looks the plugin sent an email to every billing address and shipping address.
But also 2 extra emails which I cannot guess where this data comes from. See screenshot 438.

I know that there have bin some changes the last year at the addresses in Hikashop sinds versio 4.0 but for me it's the first time I use this plugin. So I don't know how it works on Hikashop 3.5.x

Anyway I hope you can find a solution for this issue.
I think you don't have to look at the billing/shipping addresses but only to the users or quest email address.

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Here some extra screenshots:

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Lumiga.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #43618 by Lumiga
I found out where the 2 other emails come from.
In the database I see indeed 12 addresses. So I think there is an issue in Hikashop that an old address is still in the database but not visible on the back-end.

See screenshot:

When I test on another website with a fresh new order and new user (customer) it's only sending 2 emails (duplicated). Still one too much but that's I think because in the new version of Hikashop the billing and shipping address are stored as two addresses. So still I think it's better to look at the xxxx_hikashop_user table and only sent one email to the email-address that is stored there.

Hopefully this information will help you.

Kind regards,
Lumiga
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Lumiga.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds