jVA 404 Error on Score Submission

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #38209 by pgkerr
Hi Adrien,

I have downloaded the component from your downloads and the zip files only contains the com_jvarcade files none of the plugin files. I have attached a screenshot

On the left is download from your site, the right is my release package from development. Perhaps it possible that you have jVArcade plugins previously installed.

nordmograph.com/workshop/index.php?option=jvarcade it appears the component is no longer installed ?
Regards,
Pete
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by pgkerr. Reason: Clarification of image

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #38210 by nordmograph
I moved the install folder to admin/install/plugins.
Haybvard should confirm, but I'm pretty sure the system plugin is instaled during component install process.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 1 week ago #38211 by pgkerr
Confirmed your release does work on fresh install of joomla.

More
7 years 1 week ago #38212 by pgkerr
When testing the URL requsted when submit score in frogger is pressed is as follows : http://localhost/wh/index.php/games/game/newscore.php.

Will wait to hear if Hayvbard has the system plugin installed and enabled.

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #38213 by nordmograph

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by nordmograph.

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #38215 by pgkerr
I will play arround with url rewrite to remove index.php from url to see if that is an effect, I do remember an issue with positioning of jva rewrite rules in htaccess if joomlas rewrites were used also. However as far as I can recall that didn't effect any games other than those that used gamedata folders. I tested with plugin disabled and that does not lead to a 404.

Update: Still works fine with url rewtites enabled.

@Hayward : For the record I am testing without any of the rewrite rules posted on the GitHub page. As the default games don't require the rewrite rules to work if you have any of them in your .htaccess file remove them just to cancel that out. It shouldn't make a difference but just in case.

I will continue to dig around on this one as I get started up again.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by pgkerr.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds